At last weeks AGM, it was decided that BASA South Australia would join the Pro Environment Balloon Alliance (PEBA) as part of BASA SA commitment to stop the deliberate release of balloons into the atmosphere.
The Committee unanimously decided that as part of BASA SA membership, that all members are to become members of PEBA and therefore do not factilitate of providing balloons for deliberate release.
Members of BASA SA and PEBA commit to the following:
- No Balloon Releases – Members of PEBA do not support, or condone, nor will they facilitate the deliberate release of balloons.
- Responsible Use and Disposal of Balloons – Members will follow responsible practices regarding the uses and disposal of all balloons.
- Education – PEBA members will continue to educate the general public, clients and venue managers on the importance of not releasing balloons into the environment and correct use and disposal.
- Awareness – Members are requested, where possible, to include a link to PEBA on their website, invoices or email signature to help raise awareness.
- Community – Members are asked to notify PEBA if they become aware of any environmental issue, pertaining to balloons, or are having any difficulties dealing with anyone in regards to environmental issues.
Please register your business at www.peba.com.au
Thank you for your cooperation with this as this is an issue that has touched us all.
BASA SA Committee
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!